Sunday, May 4, 2014

A little about Lizanne ...

First of all, I am the aunt of the lovely Jackie.  We created this blog together to combine our shared interests and style preferences of which there are so many.  I have two wonderful sons so this is my "girly" outlet and such a fun project to share with someone so dear to me.  While I have a serious side, here I hope to document and report on those things that make my life a little more refined through searching the best in beauty, health, and style.  Why the name "Nunnery"? ... an admittedly unusual choice since we are not of the Catholic faith, but members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.   Here we have taken the liberty to redefine its meaning.  My dominant perception of nuns is based on the "Sound of Music," which evokes warm childhood memories along with certain characteristics:  discipline, devotion, selflessness, focus, pure beauty, personal refinement, modesty, wholesomeness, and even fine cloth.  The focus is to adopt some of those qualities by seeking more of these qualities in my life.  Hence, we are calling this blog a "nunnery of ideas."  I must say I do see these attributes in those with whom I associate but could not think of a word that summed up those qualities I hope to evoke ...  besides, MTC just doesn't have the same ring to it :).

No comments:

Post a Comment